BREAKFAST is a company focused on bringing the connected world and the real world together through aesthetically-pleasing, extremely-advanced technology. BREAKFAST has been commissioned by many brands over the years to make industry-changing installations, but has recently shifted focus to the development of its own products. All of our projects and products have been produced with no more than 6 full-time employees, as we believe in operating as a small, nimble, and diversely-talented team.
TITLE: Sr. Mechanical Engineer
LOCATION: Brooklyn, NY (DUMBO)
WORKING HOURS: Full Time
We’re looking for a senior mechanical engineer to join our small team and head up the hardware development of our projects. Right now we're in the design phase of our Flip-Disc Display System and this role will play a key part in the success of this product.
Working at BREAKFAST means wearing many hats and not being afraid of getting your hands dirty. The Sr ME at BREAKFAST leads the design, prototyping, vendor relationships, fabrication/manufacturing, QC/test of all hardware projects. On a typical day you'll bebe designing parts in SW, machining a prototype on the mill and talking to a vendor in Shenzhen. This role is all over the place and it's perfect for a candidate that wants to be part of every aspect of product development.
- Design, development and oversight of products, manufacturing and maintenance of the company's hardware products
- Project planning, identification of key milestone, cost estimates
- Identification of new opportunities, hires, technologies, tools and workshop related activities to improve the company's hardware department
- Ensure that all design requirements are met to highest quality in production
- Identifying and working with the most suitable vendors
- Creation of assembly, production and maintenance processes and management of in-house technicians and jr hardware staff
- Creation of hardware documentation, drawings and assembly instructions
- Maintenance and oversight of workshop tools and activities
- Assure safe working conditions in the workshop and assure all workshop activities are performed in a safe manner
Experience and Skills
- Very high attention to detail
- 5+ years hands-on experience developing hardware products
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Industrial Design or equivalent training
- Proficiency with machine shop tools and safety
- Proficiency with digital fabrication (CNCs, laser, 3d printing etc)
- Expert level 3D CAD (We use Solidworks and OnShape)
- Many years of experience with designing products for manufacturing, tooling
Benefits and Compensation
- Work at a company unlike any other in the world, and have the opportunity to make a real impact.
- Fun, creative and challenging work environment. Everyone learns something new every single day.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- We encourage employees to take as much vacation they feel is appropriate, necessary, and/or desired. There is no theoretical cap, as long as goals are being met.