BREAKFAST is a company focused on bringing the connected world and the real world together through aesthetically-pleasing, extremely-advanced technology. BREAKFAST has been commissioned by many brands over the years to make industry-changing installations, but has recently shifted focus to the development of its own products. All of our projects and products have been produced with no more than 6 full-time employees, as we believe in operating as a small, nimble, and diversely-talented team.
TITLE: Production Engineer
LOCATION: Brooklyn, NY (DUMBO)
WORKING HOURS: Full Time, Freelance to Full Time.
We're looking for an experienced production engineer / manager who will be responsible for the operations of our recently released Flip-Disc Display System product. It's a wide role with lots of varied responsibilities. You will be part of the engineering team at breakfast, focusing on dealing with our CM and Logistics after sales, but also new product revisions and features. You'll work alongside mechanical, electronics and software engineers.
- Birds eye view of all moving parts related to the production and delivery of the Flip-Disc products. You own the production calendar and make sure we ship out finished products on time
- Development and management of new project timelines with adherence to agreed-upon milestones
- Management of outside vendors and CM (contract manufacturer)
- Shipping and Logistics
- Management of in-house assembly staff
- Point contact for integrators needing installation support help
- Produce installation drawings and support materials to clients
- Quality control and testing of production parts
- Stock keeping and inventory management
- Hands-on assembly
Experience and Skills
- At least 4 years professional experience in a similar role
- Highly organizational mindset (you love setting up systems and processes)
- Extensive knowledge of hardware production and large scale technical installations
- Experience working with contract manufacturers
- Strong skills using project management and spreadsheet applications
- Comfort and confidence working with a very small team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of budget preparation and the proven ability to manage projects within budgetary constraints
Benefits and Compensation
- Work at a company unlike any other in the world, and have the opportunity to make a real impact.
- Fun, creative and challenging work environment. Everyone learns something new every single day.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- We encourage employees to take as much vacation they feel is appropriate, necessary, and/or desired. There is no theoretical cap, as long as goals are being met.
- Free snacks, drinks and beers