First off, there is NO HARDWARE EXPERIENCE NECESSARY.
Secondly, this is a hands-on roll. You won't be overseeing a team at the start because there is currently no team to oversee. We're a small crew who do it all ourselves, and we need one more.
This is an incredibly unique role that is unlike any other creative position out there, we promise. The reason we can confidently say that is because more than half of our work is on internal products. This means that the way this particular work is crafted and designed is driven by us, not by a client. The person to take this role would be in the position to design a brand and everything around it from the ground up - logo, site, videos, etc.
Beyond the internal products there is indeed client work, but as you can see from our past projects it's all pretty unique.
Beyond being a brilliant designer, much of our work requires 3D mock ups. We'd love to find a designer with 3D skills, or at least a large desire to put their head down and learn the programs necessary.
If you indeed catch our eye then we do ask each applicant to take on a small design challenge. We know this can be a bit of an ask, but it's incredibly important to us to see someone's skills in action.
- Amazing screen-based design skills (be the best designer you know, but never say that out loud)
- Ability to craft a brand/site/etc from scratch
- Be open to working on the big stuff as well as the little stuff
- 3D skills ideal
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
UI & MOBILE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
You'll be working closely with our whole team to create develop websites, mobile application and on physical interfaces such as Points.
You should have great attention to detail and love to finesse a UI until it runs like butter on a hot NYC day.
We're big fans of open source stacks, we're heavy users of linux, python, c, c++, nodejs, postgres, redis etc. But most important of all we try to be pragmatic about choice of tools so we're expecting the same from you.
Although this role is labeled "frontend & mobile" developer, we anticipate that the applicant will has great understanding of backend systems, databases, caching strategies etc.
- Adaptive frontend design, cross browser and mobile web development, canvas, webgl, etc.
- Mobile development experience
- Excellent understanding of HTTP and networking protocols
- Experience with visual/creative coding is a plus but not essential (e.g. OpenCV/OF/Cinder etc)
Apply to: email@example.com
INSTAPRINT SALES MANAGER
Since it was first unveiled in 2011, Instaprint has grown from a side project to a full blown company. As we continue to expand, we are looking to grow the sales team in charge of selling the product to clients as a rental service for their events and parties.
The sales manager role will be responsible for owning our CRM of incoming sales leads and conducting inside sales calls with clients that have inquired about the product. You'll work closely with the operations team to ensure a seamless end-to-end experience for our clients.
The ideal candidate will:
- be incredibly personable, outrageously organized and just a plain ol' good person
- have at least 2 years of prior sales experience (ideally in the tech or events industries)
- be eager to stand behind a new and exciting product
- have a creative and entrepreneurial mindset, always looking for ways to improve our product, sales process and business
- enjoy keeping track of the latest trends in entertainment and live events
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
INSTAPRINT OPERATIONS MANAGER
Instaprint is rented out for hundreds of events each year. We’ve been hired for small holiday parties in the suburbs of St. Louis, store openings in Shanghai and music festivals with hundreds of thousands of attendees - each which comes with it’s own unique challenges. As we continue to grow the diversity and volume of events, we’re looking for someone that can help keep Instaprint running smoothly and efficiently.
This role will require exquisite organizational and communication skills. You must be fluent with Excel or similar, task management software and anything else that makes you the most organized person you know. It is a client-facing role and requires the management of a small team of contractors.
Specific tasks will include:
- recruit, train and manage the team of Instaprint Operators
- act as the primary point of contact from the time the contract is signed through to the live event
- work with clients to ensure a smooth installation and operating environment for the equipment and to ensure they maximize the value of hiring Instaprint
- design and implement a strategic system to ensure that the fleet of Instaprint hardware is regularly maintained and always up to spec
- streamline operations for Mosaics so that they can be more easily implemented
- design case studies that demonstrate the value of Instaprint and other assets to assist in sales efforts
Apply to: email@example.com
We're looking for some folks that can install and maintain Instaprint whenever it's hired for an event. This person should be comfortable with Instagram (obviously), as well as Macs, iPhones and Android phones, but everything required for this job is trainable. Instaprint operators should also be very comfortable working in the (sometimes stressful) world of events and be able to think quickly in order to troubleshoot when things don't go as planned.
For this job, the key is to be very reliable, organized and sociable. You'll be interacting with our clients and their guests and will be in charge of making sure Instaprint runs flawlessly. A flexible schedule is also necessary, since events can take place any day and time. There are a ton of travel opportunities, as well. This is a part-time/freelance job, with pay starting at $18/hour and increasing once you're out on your own. The number of hours each week will vary.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're on the path to becoming one of the
above we'd love to hear from you.
Apply to: email@example.com
We work together, we play together. We're musicians, inventors, jokesters, and buddies. We work hard, but within reason. Sometimes we put some loud music on and work our asses off into the night, but we also know when it's time to hit the pub, or go rock out for a few hours. We tell each other to go on vacation. We make each other coffee. We make sacrifices to avoid taking on work we don't believe in.
Our account guys code, our coder guys concept, and our designer guys do spreadsheets. Why? Because they want to, and see the benefits: they move faster, take part more, and produce better work because of it. We like it when people get the itch to try something new and completely different. We wouldn't exist without that.
Humans function better with the appropriate amount of time to relax. Because of this, every BREAKFAST employee is given lots of vacation days, and encouraged to use them.